Friday, September 27, 2013

Hello Friends!  I have to say I feel a little at a loss for words this week. Maybe it's because we got to talk during curriculum night, or maybe.....things are starting to settle down....either way here's the latest from room 107.

Heard in room 107 this week:

"Ms Soons, you're such a nerd" and "Sup Dudette"


SATURDAY ( aka....Tomorrow...I meant to write this post last night but fell asleep with my computer in my lap!)
   The "Welcome to GLOBE" event is tomorrow from 10-2. All the info is posted on the GLOBE Facebook page as well as in the GLOBE Gazette. I will be there with my family after our very, very , early soccer match!

Q & A
   There were questions about conferences and progress reports at curriculum night. The answers are in the GLOBE Gazette. The short answer is yes we will have both. The progress reports are set to come out in October at some point, although, I am not exactly sure what they will entail. I believe they will be in a rubric-like format from the discussions we have had as a team. As for conferences, there will be a school-wide scheduled conference date/s in November but I went ahead and sent out a Sign-Up Genius for our class for October. If the times are not conducive to your schedule please send me an email so that we can make arrangements to better accommodate you.

www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0F4DAFAC28A4F58-parentteacher

Field Trips
  I am still waiting on an answer about our school's eligibility to utilize DCSS school buses for Field Trips. I am well versed in the DCSS paperwork and procedures for requesting & paying for buses. I will BUG,  I mean follow-up with the "Charter Guy" (name and title escapes me right now) and let you know. I did ask the kids to write down places of interest if we do go on field trips. Here's what they came up with....I will use their spelling here for effect! :)

Fernbank     Spane     Nature Senter   Mishigan   Disney World   Russia   Movies (Smurf's 2) LOL!!

Beach    NYC     China   North Pole   USA (? not sure about that one ?)  Six Flags  France

Hong Kong   Fox Theater      Florida Lego Land   Art Museum  aquireeem  Zoo  White Water

Alfereta   Braves Game  Stone Mountain   Stars and Strikes  St Paul Adoption Center

My Backyard  Somewhere to help animals    Nursing Home to help old and sick people

Science
   We began learning about rocks today. I'm looking for some fun experiments/activities to do with the kids so I will likely ask for some household items once I decide what we are going to do. I'll post those requests here next week!

Ok...so I had plenty to say....



















No comments:

Post a Comment