Friday, April 18, 2014

CRCT HERE WE COME!!

Hello Friends,
  I hope you had a wonderful Spring Break!  We spent an hour on Monday morning talking about our trips and adventures. We even saw some fun photos! Thanks for sending them to me.


CRCT: You should have seen the CRCT testing dates and subject area schedule in your child's HW folder. If not, here is a photo of info.  I am sending a small amount of CRCT HW this weekend...If you'd like your kids to get a little extra practice please ask them to complete the work. We will go over it in class next week.
                 
          ELA BOOKS PAGES 19-27 AND MATH PAGES 87-93 & 102-105


The kids are ready. I have been talking with them about taking their time on the test, getting a good night's sleep, and eating a protein packed breakfast! 

       We are doing a 3rd grade vocabulary activity game today in the cafeteria to review all of our key terms.  Our class had MATH words and the others subjects were divided amongst the other classes. The kids will socialize and talk about their words and definitions and then we will use our fun buzzers to compete against each other. The winners will earn the title VOCAB CLUB MASTER!!! We will also have popsicles (and then send your sugared up kids home!) Here's what the activity prep looks like.






WONDER:
  We finished Wonder and I cried! I am IN LOVE with this book! It will be part of my read aloud curriculum forever and ever! We are using the money from the marketplace to build a 3rd grade monument (ask your kids about the precept YOUR MEMORIES ARE YOU MONUMENTS) We also wrote our own precepts and hung them in the hallway. Here are the wise words of your third graders!














Chinese Culture
 The kids made "cell" phones with Wu Laoshi and recited phone numbers in Chinese!


FRENCH
  We (the teachers) have asked to push the French Performance and Market activity to May. It will probably be in the last 2 weeks of school. There is too much happening this month to be ready on May 1st and we want it to be meaningful and fun for the kids.

Absences: Unfortunately, I have to be out on Monday for a medical procedure. I wanted to put it off until June but my Dr. won't allow it. I apologize in advance for my absence.....you know my TYPE A nature can barely stand missing work! The sub will have plenty of practice for the kids and lots of recess time to tire them out so they go to bed early!
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment