Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Welcome GLOBE Parents and Students!


    Hello! I am Mrs. Beth Soons and I am very much looking forward to meeting you! This blog will serve as a means of communication for our classroom. I will post homework and important messages as well as student work and classroom activities. I will be posting photographs of class projects  but I will not post student names or close-up images.
For my first post I thought I'd share a little bit about myself and my wonderful, relaxing summer:

     Last year I  was fortunate enough to be a participant in the Teaching American History Grant Project in collaboration with The National Committee for History Education. Our culminating learning activity was a 5 day field trip to San Francisco, CA! We visited the Steinbeck Center, took a class at Stanford University, toured the Museum of Computer History, researched at The National Archives, and went to the Google and Apple Computer campuses. My favorite part of our trip was our tour of Angel Island.

                     

My husband, son and I took our 4th annual trip to Rosemary Beach, Florida with our dear friends.



Then Cole and I visited family in Boston and my best friend of 26 years on Cape Cod.


 And finally, my brother and his family came for a visit so we toured Atlanta and spent one day at the Aquarium!


As you can see I love travel and adventure and I believe it is the best way to learn and grow as a person. 

If you'd like to learn about my background and my philosophy of education, just click the links above in my banner.

See you soon!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment