Thursday, November 20, 2014

IMPORTANT INFO!! PLEASE READ!! :)

Well...we have a mascot and as you (should) know, your child's lips are sealed! We will be revealing the new Westchester Mascot tomorrow at Community Circle. There will be a video presentation and a short song...I will send you the movie tomorrow via email in case you cant' make it.

*PLEASE HELP YOUR CHILD DRESS UP FOR THE OCCASION! We voted on our attire and 'FANCY' was the majority rule. (I was hoping for jeans but sadly, we will be 'FANCY')

Homework for Next Week:
* Your child will be bringing home a rubber band NF book on Frederick Douglass. Make sure you ask your child what they learned about him by reading the book. Please remind your child to bring it back to school after break.
*There will only be ONE Reading Response due on December 1st when the children return from Thanksgiving Break.  It can be any of the following responses:

1. Write about your favorite moment this year so far....
2. Write about what you are grateful for and why.
3. Write facts about Thurgood Marshall, Susan B. Anthony, Paul Revere, and Frederick Douglass.
4. Read any NF book and write 10 facts you learned about the topic.

* Please encourage and help your child to learn his/her multiplication facts with fluency. We need to move further into Division and then Geometry....and knowing the facts is extremely important! :)


We are finishing up our unit on government. We added leaves to our tree to show what each branch of government does.









     Here are our super creative turkeys!! We have an FBI Agent, Rapper, Snowman, Ninja, Lawyer Sean Simmons, Turkey-ham Lincoln, Origami Foot Soldier,  Lionel Messi, Javier Martinez Turkey, The Legend of the Christmas Pickle, 2 Pumpkins, a bush, an apple, an Alabama Football Player, a cheerleader and Rosie Turkey.  * The stories and disguises are super creative!


Finally THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE GLUE!!! :) I know it may seem silly, but I feel super lucky to have the supply of glue we now have in the glue drawer! Y'all are the best. I really appreciate your help, support, and kind words!

I wish you a safe, restful and delicious Thanksgiving with your families and friends. I am thankful for my job and for my sweet class. Your children inspire me everyday. They make me laugh, they drive me crazy, they push me to be better in every way!




No comments:

Post a Comment