Thursday, April 23, 2015

It's the Final Countdown!

       It's here.....the dreaded week of testing. I use the word 'dreaded' because there really isn't a better word for it. For both teachers and students, it is filled with a disruption in the regularly scheduled program, grumbling tummies (hunger and nerves), headaches, and exhaustion. But don't worry, we will all make it through the week well. We are ready. I've been prepping the students and reviewing all week. They know this stuff and they remember everything I taught them throughout the year. It is amazing really. I don't even remember some of it myself!

     We had a little life lesson today about struggle and perseverance. I shared a quote with them and we discussed our interpretations. I thought I'd share it with you so you can talk about it with your child as well.


Here is our week at a glance! 


We didn't spend all week reviewing...we did an experiment on heat transfer using tap water and ice cubes. 








We made books on RAZ kids for our book buddies in Mrs. Wertz class. 


















 We explained our persuasive ads and determined the methods used by advertisers to get a consumer to buy a product.



Lastly, thank you for sending in snacks for next week and for supporting us each day. I am very proud of all the students' accomplishments this year. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment