Thursday, April 16, 2015

Welcome Back!
  I heard all about the fun and exciting trips and stay-cations y'all had over the break! I planted some flowers and took a long weekend in Chicago with my husband. I am a little jealous of your trips and I'm actually looking forward to some heat in Atlanta!
  Before I share what we've been up to we need a few items for the classroom next week.
1. Please send in an aluminum can or two for your child to use in art class next Tuesday.

2. If you'd like to volunteer to send in a box/bag of snacks that I can give to the students after testing ends each day, I'd appreciate it. The students will be eating lunch early the week of April 27th and they will be testing in the afternoon. (There are 18 friends in our classroom)


Spring Break Planting






Science Experiment: Who Can Melt the Ice Cube the Fastest?
Students worked in pairs to plan a strategy and then went to work. As you can see we stomped on, squeezed, produced heat with friction, stuffed our shoes, used light sources.....etc.
It was insanity! Ask your child to tell you who won and how.













Elapsed Time Stories
We learned how to use a number-line to calculate elapsed time, then we wrote time stories complete with questions. Today and tomorrow we are solving each other's story problems. 






R.A.C.E : We learned how to construct short answers for testing. We practiced answering questions and checking to make sure we used each component of R.A.C.E



Have a great weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment