Monday, April 30, 2018

TERM 6 WEEK 4!

Hello!
   The year is winding down.....19 more school days! Thanks so much for sending in the supplies for our tie dye shirts! We have enough shirts for everyone in the class and we also have extras! I will begin the tie dye process starting tomorrow so that there is enough time to get them all done!
 

I NEED YOUR HELP!!

Each day I will help 5-6 students tie dye a shirt and seal it into a ziploc bag. I will be send the shirt home with your child. Please rinse it out with cold water and then wash it, THIS MUST BE DONE SEPARATELY so it doesn't bleed and ruin other clothing.  Then hang to dry or dry it on low.
*** I had planned on doing this, but I don't have enough time or energy  (lol) to wash 25 shirts separately. If you do not have a washer/dryer, please email me and I will take it home.

THANKS SO MUCH!! :) 
#village! 




We will busy wrapping up the year with the following curriculum:

Math: We are finished with conversions as of today! We will begin multiplicative comparisons, coordinate planes and order of operations for the last 3 weeks of school.

Science: Students will be investigating 5th grade Science topics and creating a presentation on one topic they are interested in. This will be done using information provided in Google Classroom.


Ask your child to show you what they are investigating! 

Social Studies: We are finishing up with the pivotal battles of the Civil War and moving on to Reconstruction. 

Reading: The children have been enjoying our read aloud The Hope Chest  by Karen Schwabach. We are practicing writing summaries and following a character's actions and motivations in order to better understand them.


Writing: We will begin our "This I Believe" essays. The students will write an essay on a topic that they feel strongly about!



Important Dates


MAY 1st, 2nd, 3rd
MAP Testing


MAY 4th 
6:45 pm
FAVE Movie Night

MAY 10th
Atlanta History Center Field Trip

MAY 18th 
FIELD DAY


A Fly on the WALL


Elapsed Time! 






STUFF I WANT TO BUILD IN CLASS!!!! I HOPE WE HAVE TIME! 








1 comment:

  1. We heard all about The Hope Chest at dinner tonight. The book sounds so exciting! My grandmother's hope chest from 1928 sits outside Zander's bedroom- Zander thought that was a pretty cool connection. Thank you for all you do Ms. Soons!

    ReplyDelete