Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Weekend Everyone! It's FUN Friday!

Happy Weekend Everyone! It's FUN Friday!

Here is the very first official staff photo GO GLOBE Talent!! :) 

A PEEK AT OUR DAY:
The students and I practiced our Emergency Fire Drill Procedure and we completed our emergency folder. We learned all about the different school code words for emergency situations.

White Owl: Stop, get quiet, and be aware of your surroundings

Black Cat: Crouch down and cover your head

Little Ducks: Follow behind your teacher in a quiet line

Penguins: Huddle together with your teacher and classmates

Our Emergency Plan! 

During our literacy block we,  'Put SAID to Bed' when we worked on writing sentences using dialogue. Some students acted out the dialogue based on the action word....chanted, whispered, chortled, groaned.  We will work on this next week as a literacy center!



GRATITUDE:

During Morning Meeting today we learned about practicing gratitude. At first many students stated they were grateful for things like ipads and DS systems..but we discussed that gratitude can also be about recognizing the ordinary things our lives. 
Here is what they came up with: See if you can recognize what your child wrote. (You will notice a trend....we will work on not being afraid to express your ideas even if they are different from others)

1. I am grateful for my mom calling me stinky muffin and I am grateful for a roof over my head. 
2. I am grateful for my cat Speck because she reminds me of our other cat Harley who ran away.
3. I am grateful for my cat Simon because he is so sweet when he licks me.
4. I am grateful for my dog Bella, she loves me and I am thankful for my cat because she sniffs me and I am grateful for the roof of my house because I am not cold at night. 
5. I am grateful for my cat Jessie because she snuggles me.
6. I am grateful for my fish Addie because she is fun to feed and watch eat and swim. 
7. I am grateful for the roof on my new house. 
8. I am grateful for my dog Levi because he like to play with me. 
9. I am grateful for my baby brother Sayer. 
10. I am grateful for my hair, I get it from my mother.
11. I am grateful for my dog Pinky because she is crazy like me. 
12. I am grateful for my dog Kenny because he jumps on me when I get home. 
13. I am grateful for my home country Zimbabwe and my relatives there. 


It was an extremely busy and productive week! I still made time to go to yoga and I held a pose I had been working on for quite some time so I'm feeling super proud!


Have a great weekend!







1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding your pathway! May it lead to many more.

    ReplyDelete