Friday, December 20, 2013

HAPPY VACATION!! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! SPAIN HERE I COME!



This Week....
   We've been very busy and a little wild since it was a full moon and the excitement of vacation is on the brain!  We have been working really hard on our information booklets. Thank you Mrs. Gerber for coming to help us! :)  Most kids are finishing their rough draft and/or publishing their work.
  I had really ambitious dreams of having ALL of the projects completed and TYPED but we didn't quite get there. The good news is that we will finally have access to the new computers in the lab/library! Moving forward, your child will be learning some word processing skills (if they don't have them already).
      * NOTE *    If you are looking for a stocking stuffer, you may want to add a jump drive to your list as each child will need one after the break! I'll send out a reminder after we return.

    That said, most kids have handwritten their work this time. IF they choose to, they can always type their work and print it out at home over the break. I am not making this a requirement but some kids have said they want to do it.

      SO: HW for writing is basically to print out any photos your child may want or need for his/her booklet. (TYPING OPTIONAL)


  Here are some works in progress:

Publishing

Research: Looking for Shark Photos

Drafted page

Designing A Layout

Creating a Booklet Cover

Conferencing With Wu Laoshi


HAGAR'S HOUSE

     We decided to talk about the gift of giving this past week and the kids did a service project to collect goods and stock the Hagar's House pantry. They made posters and little skits or service announcements to perform in each classroom. It was really sweet and super cute to watch them wok together on this. We will collect all of the boxes around the school and sort the items today. I am so proud of them for the work they did. Your kids are so kind and special. I have sent some of the videos directly to you via email so look for those! 
    



STAFF PARTY

   We had our staff party on Wednesday! It was really nice to be together outside of the GLOBE'S four walls. We danced with the belly dancer and did some SALSA with our Latina ladies! I know we all left with that warm, fuzzy feeling we had at the retreat. 
Here's a photo of the 3rd grade team. We are excited to add Ms. Shunnarah after the break. Ms. Estrada will be teaching all of the Spanish for grades 2 & 3! 
     



FAMILY 

Finally, I would like to wish you all a wonderful winter break. I hope that you are able to relax, enjoy and celebrate the holidays and New Year. I am so grateful and honored to teach your children each day. I LOVE coming to work because they are all amazing and brilliant little people. Each child in our classroom is special and unique. I appreciate them for EXACTLY who they are and I love them all like family members.
 My family:
  
My awesome Sister in Law

MY Wonderful 2nd Parents (in laws)

I will always believe! 



Cole believes! (picture by Elena)

LOVE
 My Vacation

 My husband and I started a tradition 13 years ago...
     We travel at Christmas. This year we are going to SPAIN!! We will be in Madrid, Cordoba, and Granada. Cole will stay at home with his grandparents but next year ......he's coming to PARIS with us! So...start saving friends and we can all meet at the Eiffel Tower in 2014! 

xxooo



No comments:

Post a Comment