Friday, September 26, 2014

AUTHOR GROUPIES!! Progress Reports, Dioramas......



Hello Friends,
  It has been a very busy week in room 212! Last night was WONDERful because we got to meet RJ Palacio! It was such a rewarding experience for me because about 10 of my students from last year came along with 6 of my Westchester Crew! We all sat together listening to RJ talk about the book and at one point I realized that I couldn't stop smiling! :) I felt so happy to be a teacher. I truly love what I do and your kids make everyday so special. It was such an amazing feeling to be surrounded by 2 classes full of kids who have responded to WONDER so positively.
  When I made it to the signing table I was able to tell RJ about how much her book means to my students and to our responsive classroom. She hugged me and thanked me for smiling throughout her presentation. I told her I was RJ Groupie for life! Today I looked in my book and saw this.....(sniff sniff blubber..)





Also...England was great. I was able to spend a whole week with my dearest friend and her daughter. We drank lots of afternoon tea!


Now for the school stuff:

  Progress reports will be in your child's book bag today. There was a delay with the printing and some 'tech' issues yesterday. You can keep all of the documents, I have copies. If you haven't signed up for a conference please visit the this sign-up genius LINK !
  Our reading log procedure has changed. I went back to what I did last year. The log is a calendar that is glued inside the RRJ. (reading response journal). The kids will just write the title of the book they read in each square. At this point I expect them to write neatly, with correct capitalization, and correct spelling.


I have started using class dojo for positive reinforcement of behavior. I am not going to share the link with parents because it is merely a tool to help 'inspire' students to remember hallway rules, focussed transitioning, and classroom organization. So if your child comes home and talks about class dojo, please know that it is really just a little motivator within our classroom community.

***Dioramas are due FRIDAY OCTOBER 3rd! I will email the document in case you need it...:)***


Here's what we've been up to: I will make a separate post with upcoming curriculum lists..:)



Kindergarten Book Buddies

Juicy Sentences! 






No comments:

Post a Comment