Thursday, September 11, 2014

Science Experiments Were a Success!

Hello! What a great week! I hope your kids came home with lots of stories about all the things they have learned this week! :) We are having Fun Friday Games tomorrow afternoon so the kids can bring in a board game if they choose to. No electronic games please....:)

Reminders:

1. No School Next Week
2. Progress Reports/MAP Scores will go home Thursday September 25th! 
3. R.J. Palacio is coming to Decatur! Thursday September, 25th (6:30p.m. at Renfroe Middle School)
4. Please look over the Diorama assignment I sent home in the blue folders this week. If you need a new sheet, please email me so I can send another one home.

Wish list:

   The kids are super into birds and nature....so one student suggested getting a suction cup bird house for the class. If you are interested, please let me know so that I can ask room parents to coordinate! 

   The kids are also super into WONDER, so I think I'd like for every child to get a copy. Please consider purchasing the book for your child. We will also be reading the Julian Chapter  after we finish WONDER(The Julian Chapter is only available on Kindle so I will be using the Promethean board for it)



It's been a very busy week...we worked on animal adaptations, revising & editing our personal narrative stories, homophones, rounding numbers to the nearest 10 and 100, playing capture 5 addition & subtraction games, and we had a wonderful time doing our science lab on Bird Beaks, Giraffe Spit, Whale Blubber, and Duck Feathers. 


Take a look:
Adaptations Comprehension Reading Passages with Posters and Presentations

Bird Beaks Experiment and Science Journaling

Writing Anchor Chart & Capture 5 Game

Giraffe Spit Experiment

Adaptations Scavenger Hunt

Have a great week off! I'm heading to London, England for the week to visit a dear friend but I will have access to email if you have any pressing questions. Thanks so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment