Monday, May 12, 2014

Bittersweet....



May 2014


Dear Friends,
   I am writing to you today to let you know that I have accepted a teaching position with the City Schools of Decatur for the 2014-15 school year. This is very bittersweet for me, as I truly love and believe in GLOBE and all that it stands for. This decision is not one that I made lightly. In truth, it has always been my goal to live and work in Decatur and this opportunity is not one that I can pass up.
 I have been so lucky to be a member of GLOBE’s inaugural year and I will continue to cheer for and support the efforts being made to make GLOBE even more amazing than it already is. I believe with all my heart that GLOBE is a wonderful place to be for teachers and students alike. I have a very heavy heart when I think about leaving GLOBE. I feel afraid that I am making the wrong choice, however, I know I must embrace fear and change in order to grow. This is my journey and GLOBE is a bright shining star along my path.
 I want to thank you all for being the absolute BEST, most supportive, and encouraging parent group. Your kids are all amazing and wonderful little people, and I will miss them dearly. In addition, I’d like to assure you that next year will be great. We have been tirelessly working to ensure that fourth grade has a place to learn and that the teacher assignments are nothing short of wonderful! I have also, personally, completed the curriculum orders for third and fourth grade classes next year. The HOS search is underway, and I am confident that the new leadership will bring renewed excitement and stability for the future of this awesome gem of a school.


With Love and Kind Regards,
Beth


On a lighter note...here's what we've been up to!

Paper Mache: La Francophonie








The beginnings of our poetry cafe set up!


Junior Achievement!




Teacher Appreciation!! Thanks so much....I feel so loved!


Ken & I at the wedding in Las Vegas.....







No comments:

Post a Comment