Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Some Reminders.....and our visit to the Georgia Capitol

Hello Friends!
  Please help me by reminding the children to bring their blue folder and RRJ (Reading Response Journal) daily. I am trying to encourage them to be responsible for all of their belongings and classroom assignments. RRJ entries are due every Monday. I go over the assignment every week multiple times in class and I model the response as well. Your child will have practice for each type of response before it is due. I am beginning to look for good habits of scholarship and craftsmanship in their work. We have been discussing this in class and I have asked the students to really pay attention to the work they turn in as it represents them as students. Hopefully, this will sink in and their work will begin to show improvement. :)

Butterbean Photos are available for order. If you did not receive a proof of your child's photo, you can find it online. Just follow the directions below.


*We are taking a walking Field Trip to Woodland Gardens on October 30th. We will be learning about apple cider and we will actually use the cider press! If you would like to join us on the walk, send me an email and I'll write your name on the list. As soon as I find out how many people I am able to take, I will email back to confirm with you.

* Our expedition kickoff will take place at Community Circle this Friday if you'd like to learn more about it, join us. Our third graders will be learning about government as part of our case study and we will be having a Greek Day in order to introduce the roots of democracy. More information on that is coming soon....

Here's what we've been up to:


Duct Tape Pillows!


Game Day on Friday

Our Visit to the Capitol.....
House Of Representative Seats

The Rotunda
MLK Jr.


Heading up to the 3rd floor gallery

Friends...


House of Representatives

Georgia History Exhibits

3rd Grade Crew

Governor's Office







No comments:

Post a Comment