Thursday, October 24, 2013

So it's not so early in the week!!!!

This week has flown by....I really loathe testing time because our routines are so out of whack! The good news is that we will be back to normal tomorrow! YAY!

TESTING: ITBS is over with the exception of a few make-up tests. We will packing the materials away and sending them back to the Dekalb on Monday.

FRENCH:  I thought I'd share some photos of the children's Cahiers Francais so you can see that your children are actually learning French! :) I learned during conferences that many of your children are not telling you about what they are doing during French instruction! So, this tells me that when my 5 year old gets older, he will still tell me nothing about his day! :)
In my class.......

The students are writing French-Mandarin Books about their families!

Le Coleurs

Sentences in French about our family! These sentences are individual, not dictated! One student wrote about her mom being tres jolie! 

Directional Phrases

Mademoiselle Buntin  has created a website of her own if you'd like to take a look click HERE!  I have video-taped some of the kids speaking and I will send the videos to you individually! :)

PENCILS:
  The children go through pencils like crazy! I am down to 1 box! I had 2 large bags full of pencils at the start of the year.....SO....if you are out and you see a package of pencils pick one up and share please! I will do the same. (please and thank you)

SPIRIT WEEK:
  You should have seen a flyer come home detailing Spirit Week next week!
Monday: Crazy Hair Day
Tuesday: Crazy Socks and Hat Day
Wednesday: GLOBE T-Shirt Day (if you don't have one, improvise)
Thursday: Dress Up like your favorite book character
Friday: PAJAMA DAY!!

There will be times for you to come and hang with us on Thursday and Friday between 12 & 3....more to come on that after I meet with our wonderful Room Parent Michel Hudson!

PROGRESS REPORTS:
 Look for them in your child's book bag on October 30th. I will post an explanation of what we've done and how I am assessing so that you have a good idea about what you are looking at. Please feel free to email me with ?'s if you have any!

REQUESTS:
 1.  If there is something you'd like clarified or that you'd like to see on the blog, let me know.
 2.  If you are interested in visiting the classroom to help out with centers etc...I will be posting a sign-up in November.
  3. I'd like to try and schedule some 3rd grade field trips and I'd love to get your input and help with this as I just can't seem to get to it on my list of things to do. I'd like to choose a few science and ss standards that can be introduced or enriched with a field trip. I know that you all have great ideas so please share your thoughts!

WHEN THE MOUNTAIN MEETS THE MOON:
  We will be starting a read aloud of the book very soon. Wu Laoshi will be working with me to design some fun cultural activities around it.










While scrolling through my blog photos I came across the first "mock up" for my blog header before I decided to change it. It reminds me of how nervous and excited I was this summer when I was hired for this job!  Here it is.






No comments:

Post a Comment